Copyright 2015 © All Rights Reserved. Designed by Enterprise Design
Terms & Conditions
Legal information about this website
Updated May 2018
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Surelift UK Ltd and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Surelift UK Ltd We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Surelift UK Ltd takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Website usage terms and conditions:
The term ‘Surelift UK Ltd’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Surelift UK Ltd, Unit 2, Thunderton Industrial Estate, Peterhead, AB42 3EB. Our company registration number is SC252361. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Scotland.
This website and its content is copyright © Surelift UK Ltd 2015. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
• you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-
• you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Surelift UK Ltd are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Surelift UK Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2018.
What we collect:
We may collect the following information:
• name and job title
• contact information including email address
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information:
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Right of Access:
You are entitled to access your personal data so that you are aware of and can verify the lawfulness of processing. This is achieved through the mechansim of Subject Access Rights (SAR) and you have the right to obtain:
• Confirmation that your data is being processed;
• Access to your personal data (a copy); and
• Other supplementary information, which corresponds to the information in this privacy notice.
Under GDPR and from 25 May 2018, this information will be provided without charge; without delay and within one month. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Surelift UK Ltd, Thunderton Industrial Estate, Peterhead, AB42 3EB.
Identify Verification. To protect your personal data, Surelift will seek to verify your identity before releasing any information, which will normally be in electronic format.
Right of Rectification. You are entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. Surelift will respond within one month of your request. In the unlikely event Surelift does not take action to the request for rectification, Surelift will inform you of your rights to complain or seek judicial remedy.
Right of Erasure. You may request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing. The Right to Erasure does not provide an absolute ‘right to be forgotten,’ especially once the processing is based upon a contract. However, you do have a right to have personal data erased and to prevent processing in specific circumstances:
o Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed;
o When you withdraw consent (and this is the basis of processing);
o When you object to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing;
o The personal data was unlawfully processed;
o The personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation; and
o The personal data is processed in relation to the offer of information society services to a child, which Surelift does not provide.
Right to Restrict Processing. Under the Act, you have a right to ‘block’ or suppress processing of personal data. The restriction of processing under the GDPR is similar. When processing is restricted, Surelift is permitted to store the personal data, but not further process it. In this event exactly what is held and why will be explained to you.
Right to Data Portability. You may request to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. This allows you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability. The Right to Data Portability only applies:
• To personal data you have provided to Surelift;
• Where the processing is based on your consent or for the performance of a contract.
Right to Object. You have the right to object to:
o Processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling);
o Direct marketing (including profiling); and
o Processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
Surelift do not participate in the first and third activities, however do conduct marketing activities as explained above.
Automated Decision Making and Profiling. Surelift does not employ any automated decision-